We spend time training for them, but real-world emergencies are rare enough that it’s easy to get complacent. They don’t always happen to “other pilots,” though, and preparation can make a big difference when things don’t go as planned:
• What if you lose 500 rpm during takeoff, but the engine is running smoothly?
• What if the ammeter drops to zero during a flight in IMC?
• What if your left aileron develops a strong vibration in flight?
Our new seminar is full of expert tips on handling those “up here, but wishing you were down there” scenarios. We focus on how to keep abnormal situations from becoming full-blown emergencies, offer advice on keeping critical problems under control, and give our best advice on off-airport landings.
Find an AOPA Emergency Seminar near you!
- Monday January 11, 2016-The Woodlands Waterway, 7pm-9pm
- 1601 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Tuesday January 12, 2016-Wyndham Houston West, 7pm-9pm
- 14703 Park Row Blvd., Houston, TX 77079
- Wednesday January 13, 2016, Holiday Inn San Antonio Airport, 7pm-9pm
- 77 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Thursday January 14, 2016, Omni Austin Hotel at Southwark, 7pm-9pm
- 4140 Governor’s Row, Austin, TX 78744